Montanna has now been officially sleeping in her new Big Girl Bed, aka: twin mattress on the floor with cute sheets and blankets, since Thursday night and has done so much better than we thought she would. She is so funny because I don't know if she thinks she will get in trouble if she gets out of bed, or if she just thinks she is unable to. If she doesn't feel like she is ready to go to bed yet, she will just lay there and cry for a couple minutes before falling asleep. We thought she would immediately roll out and want to be up with us. But she just lays there and goes to sleep hugging her Kitty, "Meow" and her Monkey, "Wally". Then, when she wakes up in the morning, she just lays there and plays on her bed until one of us comes to get her. I kind of wish she would just get up when she wakes up, but seriously, do I have such a good girl, or what!
Another new thing this last week is that Montanna has learned how to count to 3. Before she would say 2,3,2. Now she says 1,2,3! We will walk up the stairs counting to 3 and we will count fruit snacks and pretty much everything. Now we will start working to add 4 and 5 to the mix. She is talking and babbling all the time. We understand most of her 1 word and 2 and even some of her 3 word phrases, but when she starts a long sentence she usually loses us. It will be so much fun to know what she is talking about here soon. Sometimes she will tell us an entire story with lots of expression.
She keeps us busy and laughing and we love her!
7 comments:
Oh, you are SOOO spoiled! She is a gem to stay in bed.
Sounds like she has already grown up so much since we have seen you guys!
I love it! I just wish we lived a little closer!!!!! Oh well! She sounds like she is such a sweetheart (I know she is :))
what a cutie. i hope your next baby is so compliant. then again, i sort of hope she ends up being like Darby! and what a little smarty-pants, too. if she wasn't climbing out, what made you decide to take her out of the crib? oh...it just registered. you are going to need that crib for a smaller baby very, very soon!
She had to show me her new bed about 5 times. She's counting to five now, up and down the stairs....
She is such a cute little girl! And I can't believe you're so close to having #2! I can't wait to see what you guys name her!
She's an angel. That is too cute. Not all kids just stay in their beds like that. You guys are lucky! What a cutie! Can't wait to meet the new baby. Tairah is having #4 on the 9th. Her 4th boy...she's excited though, but wants a girl super bad! Talk to ya soon.
Post a Comment