What a night... Montanna went potty while sitting on the lap of one of our sweet visiting teachers. She was very gracious about it and said she was a grandma and it wasn't the first time, but it was horrifying and embarrassing for me. I WILL make sure this doesn't happen again until we are sure Montanna is ready not to be distracted by visitors.
I was one of those parents who wanted to have their kid potty trained by 18 months. Especially when my mom told me that I was potty trained by 18 months. But we started at 18 months and stopped and started again a few months later. Finally a few weeks before her 2nd birthday she really started to get the hang of things. She goes potty almost always when given the opportunity and placed in the bathroom, but still will not tell me when she needs to go, so when I get distracted and don't take her every hour or so we have accidents.
We had a great week before we went on vacation, vacation was a disaster with potty training and Montanna was in diapers almost the entire time and it has been a struggle since we got back about a week and 1/2 ago. Yesterday was accident free, and today was especially good because we ran errands and she went potty at the library and at Walmart. Then we came home and she took her own diaper and pants off and went potty in the toilet on her own. We had no accidents until right before the visiting teachers came and then the INCIDENT.
It has honestly been a little bit stressful and a struggle, but I have to believe that we are on the downward slope. I have to keep telling myself that things will get better and I won't always be swishing out panties in the toilet. People tell me that the second one is easier. I sure hope so.
If you want to leave me some tips or tricks that worked for you and your kids. I'm all ears.
2 comments:
You guys are still WAY ahead of us. Carson is afraid of the potty for some reason. We actually got him to sit on it twice today, but he never actually went. In fact he got up the second time and peed all over the floor. :P
Oh, the joys! My older 2 boys were terrible potty trainers, sorry to say. It took a whole summer and it seemed like every day we had accidents. Maybe because I did them both at the same time and because we had a newborn in the house? Now, we just got done training Wade who is almost 3. He is doing phenomenal! I totally agree when people say it all depends on the child. You're doing great, I'm sure. Hang in there. I don't know anyone who graduated from HS and isn't potty trained:) It will happen.
Post a Comment