Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cleaning Day with my little helpers

Monday was actually cleaning day. We did laundry and vacuumed and did all the normal stuff, but I didn't get to the kitchen floors. I attempted to mop several times on Monday and actually spot cleaned it, but never actually mopped. So as I was mopping this morning, the girls each got a cloth and wiped and cleaned their booster seats for me. They thought this was so much fun. 

After going to the doctor for well check-ups yesterday and finding out that both girls have hand, foot and mouth disease, we had a pretty good morning. Both had fevers when they woke up, but I gave them a round of medicine first thing and they were fine and happy this morning as you can see from the picture. Then, Eden woke up from her nap with a fever of 103.5 degrees! I don't know if either of them has had a fever that high before! This kind of scared me a little bit since her eyes were droopy and she just wanted to be cuddled. I let her and Montanna take a cool bath and they had fun playing for a while and gave them both another dose of medicine. Hopefully Eden will feel better in a few days. Montanna hasn't been acting sick at all and already has the blistery sores on her hands and feet. Eden is still going through the fevers and has yet to get the rash except in ther throat. No wonder she doesn't want to eat! Montanna doesn't seem to be bothered by the rash and I hope it is the same for Eden. 




At the doctor yesterday, Montanna got 2 shots and was very brave! Now she is all done until she is 4!
She weighed: 29 lbs - 25% She is moving up again!
She was 37 inches tall - 50%

Eden has to go back in 2 weeks so she can get her shots since she was too sick yesterday. 
Right now she weighs: 20 lbs. 2 oz. - 5%
She was in the 7% last time and so they are hoping she puts on a few oz. before her next appointment. I don't know if that will happen though since she hardly ate anything today.
She was 31 inches tall - 45%

I ended up really liking their new doctor which was a real blessing since I was worried I wouldn't feel comfortable with the office and the doctor, but I really liked both of them. I am so glad for new friends here in Dillon for recommendations!

3 comments:

The Three Stokers said...

Oh I'm so sorry that your girls are sick, and Adam is gone too isn't he? wow, call me if you need anything. 406-546-7522

Lesley Harvey said...

They look like happy cleaners! Hope they start feeling better!

Kristine said...

Hope they feel better soon! One of my friends just told me about putting a drop of peppermint essential oil on the bottom of her son's feet when he has a fever and it takes the fever away.... I was going to try it the next time Miss Katie had a fever. It can't hurt. :)