I found this recipe for pizza crust online and it is my favorite one to make for pizza now. I thought I would share it so you can all try it out and see what you think. I need to perfect how to roll it out still because it is a little bit thick when I bake it still but I put it on 2 cookie sheets and roll it out and it makes a yummy thick crust.
2 Tbs. yeast
2/3 c. water (warm)
2 Tbs. sugar
Mix these ingredients and set aside until bubbly.
2 c. water (cold)
3 Tbs. corn oil ( I used regular vegetable oil and it turned out fine)
2 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. fresh minced garlic
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dry oregano leaves
6 1/2 c. flour
Combine ingredients and beat in the yeast mixture. Work the dough until you can toss it lightly on a floured surface and knead it until it feels elastic in texture. The kneading may require a little bit of extra flour. Don't let the dough become too stiff and yet you don't want it to stick to your hands. Place it in a large plastic food bag which you can spray inside with Pam or wipe the inside of it with oil and place the ball of kneaded dough in this to rise until doubled in bulk. Be sure the plastic bag is large enough that it will permit the dough to double without splitting the bag. You can place the bag of dough on a warm sunny spot on the table or kitchen counter which helps it to raise quickly and if it's summertime place the bag of dough (with open end sealed tightly with tape) in your car with the windows up! When dough has doubled punch it down and shape it to fit two 15" round pizza pans that have been greased and dusted in cornmeal. Add the sauce and topping ingredients spreading each ingredient evenly over the dough. Let this rise about 20 minutes in a warm place and then bake at 450~ about 20 to 25 minutes putting one pizza at a time on center rack of the preheated oven.
1 comment:
I love homemade pizza. By the time I make the dough I am not sure it's worth the work!
Post a Comment