Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hiking South Mountain




This post is a little bit late, but I wanted to post the cute pictures. While my parents were here a couple weeks ago we went hiking up on South Mountain. It was a fun hike and it was nice to go a little farther than I usually do because I had help carrying Montanna in the pack. Help.... I guess they just did it for me. Dad carried her up on the way up and Mom carried her down. I would have taken my turn, but Dad and I decided to go a little further and we were worried about Montanna getting sunburned so Mom and the babe went back down and met us at the car. It was a fun hike, but the only disappointment was that when we finally got to the top we realized that it was a parking lot and absolutely anyone can get to the top by just driving a car. I love taking hikes where you have to work for the goal of reaching the top because you get a view that no one else is going to get unless they hike up there themselves. Oh well. We had a great time and it was good exercise. I was a little bit sore the next day. Montanna had a blast with her Grandma and Grandpa and she keeps telling me how excited she is to have a whole bunch of people here at Easter. I just can't say enough how much we like visitors. Anyone is welcome here in Phoenix!

4 comments:

Drake Family said...

I bet you loved having your parents come visit you, and I bet they loved the warm weather too! What a fun sounding hike, with the exception of ending up in the parking lot! LOL Montanna is just getting cuter and cuter!

Patrice said...

Too funny. We love those helpful grandparents, and we better see you at easter!

The Shawcrofts said...

Hi Lindsey! Montanna is adorable! And congratulations to your sister! I know we are so excited to be having a baby, so I'm sure your sister is too. Yay!!

Unknown said...

well look at your daughter!! She is always smiling she just looks so happy! I am very lucky to have such a good little boy, he is always so helpful!! Elizabeth on the other hand, she's adorable, but very fighsty!!!