Here are some pictures of our wonderful trip back home to Montana. (Every time I go to spell Montana now, I spell Montanna. I guess I should have spelled her name the right way!) Anyway, the time went by way too fast. We packed as much fun into that week as we possibly could. We spent time at the cabin, Glacier Park, shopping, eating, going though boxes found in the storage unit, wagon rides, and much, much more. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Montanna in the little red wagon! We had fun and it was sad to leave, but I am so glad we were able to spend a week up there this summer.
Montanna has a new found love for the T.V. show Dora the Explorer. I had heard of this show but never seen it, but Montanna laughed every time Boots came on the screen. I think it was the way he jumped around and has those big monkey eyes that had her giggling and pointing. It got to the point where she would ask Grandpa to turn on the T.V. every time she entered the room. On her last day of vacation Grandma even rolled the T.V. into the bathroom so she could watch T.V. while she was taking a bath! Talk about spoiled!
It was so much fun to take Montanna up to the cabin and take some pictures of her up there. I have nothing but great memories of the time we spent up there and now that I spent a few hours there, I can't wait for the chance to go and spend a few days up there. It is so quiet and peaceful. While we were there Dad decided to take his new fly pole out and catch some fish in the lake. We took the paddle boat out and Mom and Montanna stayed back at the cabin. The river was really high and kind of muddy so the fishing trip wasn't that successful, but we had a fun time paddling into the lake and just enjoying the scenery.
It's too bad Glacier Park wasn't completely open but we still had fun with what we could see from the bottom. The Going to the Sun road opens up on June 19th and so we stayed down by the lodge and Montanna had a picnic while Dad hiked up Mount Brown. He was gone for a couple hours and Montanna spent that time exploring the grass and stayed busy eating and pushing her stroller in the grass. When Dad got back down we went down to the lake where it was really windy and took some pictures. The mountains were so pretty and really didn't have much snow on them anymore. I think that I appreciate the beauty of those mountains even more now that I have lived in Arizona for the last 4 years. I told my parents that I felt like a tourist!
Grandma and Grandpa found an old rocking horse at their house and fixed it up so Montanna could ride in it. I am not sure how old it is, but she had fun rocking back and forth and bouncing up and down. That will be a fun toy for her, and the other grand kids to play with next time they come to Montana.
My uncles Zack and Jason come down from Spokane to see Montana and we had a fun turkey dinner with everyone. Jason brought his 2 dogs with him and I am afraid to say that Montanna takes after her Dad and LOVES dogs. We had so much fun watching her interact with these dogs. She would squeal and laugh and want to pet them and loved it when they licked her.
Overall, it was a wonderful vacation that I won't forget for a long time. I think Montanna and I are already counting the days until we can go again and next time we will make sure to bring her Daddy with us!
6 comments:
it is so beautiful up there! I don't know how you came home... unless it was because you left daddy behind! It sounds like perfect grandparent time.
Montana is so beautiful. I can see why you miss it! Knowing you guys, you'll end up back there eventually.
Lindsey! You look great and your little one is adorable. Let me know if you'd like an invite to my blog. ladyluke725@yahoo.com Miss you!
The scenery back home was always beautiful to me, but now that I've lived away from it for so long it's not just pretty... it's awe inspiring to see all those mountains and trees. Glad you had fun back home. The pics are great. Thanks for sharing! : )
I wish I could have visited with you while you were up here. I just saw you sitting in church with your parents. Isn't this place the greatest? I love living here!
Montana is beautiful. The state and your pretty little girl!!
Post a Comment