Our Christmas was very relaxed and cozy this year. We were home by ourselves and celebrating together as a family. Montanna woke up at about 6:30 because she was so excited but we gave her some food and put her back to bed. She was a good girl and went right back to sleep until about 8:30. Once she got up for the second time we put her in bed with us and read the Christmas Story from the Bible. Adam read the story while Montanna and I listened. Then.... we went downstairs where I made Orange Julius and eggs and toast for the dad and peaches, mangoes, and baby cereal for the girl. I had a cup of hot chocolate. We turned on the heat since our house said 63 degrees and snuggled on the couch to talk and watch Montanna play. ( We have a heater in Montanna's room so her room was much warmer than 63 degrees.)
Then it was time to open presents. It was so fun to watch Montanna unwrap her gifts. All she wanted to do was eat and play with the paper. She loved her toys and books, but I really think she had more fun with the boxes and paper than anything else that day. We had rented some old movies and watched Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile. We ate a dinner of roast, Grandma Baa's potatoes, rolls, and salad. I made enough for about 6 people and so we had lots of leftovers. It was a fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment