Mom, Dad and Adam
Mom and Lindsey
Dalton Kids
Parmenter Kids
Family Picture
Walking Back
Adam and Lindsey at the temple
Married!
Kiss and Dip
Joseph Smith Building
Dad and LindseyThree years ago today Adam and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. It was such an amazing day that I will never forget. I remember being so excited that I couldn't sleep the night before. I woke up before everyone else and started getting ready. I did my hair almost completely by myself, I had my friend Alisha put on the finishing touches. I felt like I knew how my hair and makeup looked best and I didn't want to risk going somewhere and having them do my hair and makeup, and then hate my pictures and how I looked later. I ended up loving my hair, makeup and how I looked. In fact, there is nothing I would have changed about this day. It was absolutely perfect. Once I was ready, I waited for everyone else to be ready and we took off to the Lion House where we had our wedding breakfast.
The wedding breakfast was so fun. I was able to meet everyone in Adam's family and now, finally, three years later, I can look at our pictures and finally name almost everyone in the pictures. It was a bit overwhelming as Adam has a very large extended family. I was able to see some of my family and friends that I hadn't seen in a while and it was a great celebration. I actually ate some of the breakfast even though my nerves were a little on edge and I remember that what I ate was delicious.
The wedding breakfast was so fun. I was able to meet everyone in Adam's family and now, finally, three years later, I can look at our pictures and finally name almost everyone in the pictures. It was a bit overwhelming as Adam has a very large extended family. I was able to see some of my family and friends that I hadn't seen in a while and it was a great celebration. I actually ate some of the breakfast even though my nerves were a little on edge and I remember that what I ate was delicious.
Then Adam and I and our escorts left a little bit early to get down to the temple and get ready for the sealing. I had been through the temple the day before and so I was just getting ready for the sealing. I had never been to a temple sealing before, obviously, and so I had no idea what to expect. I dressed in my beautiful, but very uncomfortable wedding dress and got ready to meet Adam. We were married in February and so there was not a huge number of weddings planned for this particular day, but nonetheless, they were running a bit late. We found out later the reason for them running late was our temple sealer. He was an adorable little man who was very kind, but also had a lot to say. Our sealing was probably an hour long and I remember looking around and seeing at least 3 people dosing off during the sealing. He went through the entire life of Christ from birth until death. He even had his book of notes there with him. It was interesting and as I had never been to a temple sealing, I thought this was how it went. I remember trying to listen, but also watching everyone around me and then trying not to faint because I was getting so hot in all of my layers of clothing with the heat on in the temple. I was grateful when it was time to get up and be sealed for time and all eternity to the man that I love more than anything else in this world. I remember that part so clearly and I remember looking into his eyes and knowing that we could handle anything together.
I loved being able to hug and thank each person who shared this special event with us as they were leaving the room. I had such a feeling of peace, excitement and pure joy. Then the pictures began. I LOVE pictures and out of everything that was planned, I wanted to make sure we had really good pictures so I could look back and remember everything about the day in greater detail. I love the way our pictures turned out. It was cold outside and it was snowing a little bit, but that was okay because our pictures were pretty because of the snowflakes in the pictures. It made it look like a wonderland. We took pictures for about 2-2 1/2 hours and then we went back into the temple to change back into our clothes. I loved my dress and loved the way I looked in it, but by that time, I was so uncomfortable, I just wanted to get out of that dress and into something that didn't squeeze me so tight. I would have been happy with sweats, but I changed into my dress and went back to the hotel to meet Adam.
We checked into the Grand American Hotel in Salt Lake City and our room was beautiful. There was a Chocolate Swan and berries and roses waiting for us. That hotel is amazing and I would highly recommend staying there is you ever have a chance. Everything about it is elegant. After a night of relaxation, we got on the plane to Canada where we spent the next week at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. It was so beautiful and peaceful. I think it fit both of our personalities very well. We just wanted to go somewhere cold and secluded. After a week of vacation, we flew back to Montana where we had our wedding reception and then came back to life here in Phoenix.
Life with you has been amazing, Adam. I am excited to celebrate with you this weekend. I love you more now that I did when we got married and I know my love is just going to grow as time goes on. I am glad you are the person I get to be with for the rest of eternity.
3 comments:
What a wonderful sentiment! I remember that day, too. I think I am finally getting the feeling back into my frozen toes! You looked so beautiful, and I am so glad you are still madly in love.
Aw, That was so sweet! Happy Anniversary you two!
That was so nice to read Lindsey. You are so neat! I did not know it was snowing on your wedding. How cool and your dress was Great!!!! See you for walking in the morning : )
Post a Comment