Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Food Storage

I have been thinking a lot about food storage lately. It hasn't ever been something I have thought much about until now. I don't know if this is because I am a stay at home mom and have time to think about it or because I feel the need to make sure my baby and husband have everything they need in case of an emergency. I was so excited when I went to Fry's Marketplace and found out they were having their case lot sale. This was a great way to jump start my almost nonexistent food storage. One of the things I was most excited about was the spaghetti sauce for .77 cents and the tomato sauce for .15 cents. I paid $58 and saved $80! Here is what I bought:

-27 cans spaghetti sauce
-12 cans green beans
-12 cans corn
-12 cans olives
-48 cans tomato sauce
-8 cans black beans
-8 cans garbanzo beans
-6 boxes macaroni and cheese

It's definitely not everything we need, but it is a good start. My new goal is to build up our food storage to where I can feel comfortable about our safety and nutrition if we ever needed to use it.

** Fry's is also taking all competitor's coupons until Oct. 28th**

1 comment:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Ugh! I am so jealous! I have been saying since I got married 3 1/2 years ago that we need to work on food storage. Ours is pathetic! I wish we had a Fry's here in Omaha!