Friday, October 10, 2008

Making Strawberry Jam


Well, yesterday I decided to make strawberry jam because I went to the store and saw that there were 4 baskets of strawberries for $5. This was perfect for a batch of jam. Adam informed me that we only eat raspberry jam, but I decided to make the strawberry jam anyways. He likes his jam cooked and sweet and so I made it that way for him. He told me that jam is supposed to be bad for you. Maybe it is... It turned out really good and would probably make really good vanilla ice cream topping too.


When I was getting ready to clean and prepare the strawberries, I filled my sink with what I thought was cold water until I put my hand in it. Arizona just doesn't have any cool water in the summertime and unfortunately it is still summer here. I had to fill the water with ice cubes to keep the strawberries nice and fresh. This probably wasn't necessary since I was making jam, but it made me feel better.


Here is a picture of my pretty strawberries floating with the ice cubes.


PS: It is supposed to be a high of 77 degrees tomorrow! Whoo Hoo!!!

7 comments:

Torey said...

Ah... It looks like you're on your way to being a gourmet cook after all! Looks delicious!

Jaime said...

Your awesome Lindsey! I wish I was talented like you and could make yummy jam.. Thanks for all you and Adam do for us, you are true friends and we love you!

Patrice said...

How did you get all the "canning" genes? I still have yet to can ANYTHING, and you are cranking out everything! I'd love to try some if Adam refuses to eat it.

Ashlee said...

That sounds super good! I can't believe how big your cute little montana is getting! I love love love those cheeks! And Ben has a baby?! That's so exciting! Tell him congrats for me! Look like life is going good for ya adn Im happy for you guys and your cute little family!

Jamie & Ryan said...

Yummm! I love homemade jam, but I have yet to try making it on my own. You've inspired me... I think I might just have to whip me up some jam when I see some berries go on sale!

The Malone's said...

You do make good jam! You'll have to show me someday how to get my jame to set.

Linsy said...

mmmm....looks delish! That picture would be adorable framed up in a kitchen!