My dad reminded me the other day that it has been quite a while since I have posted updated pictures on our blog. We have been busy with a lot of different things and I haven't forgotten to take pictures, I have just been slow at getting them up. A few weeks ago Adam,
Montanna and I went to the National Western Stock Show in Denver. It is a huge show that goes on for about 2 weeks and has everything you could imagine. While we were there, we sat and watched a Mini
Hereford auction. Some of those little cows were going for $10,000 - $15,000! Most ended up selling for an average of about $5,000, but still, I thought it was a great way for some of those kids to set up a college fund. About half of the
people selling their cows were 10-15 year old kids who had raised the animals themselves. I am sure it is a lot of work, but fun to be able to participate in something like that. We need to get on a farm!
They had done sheep sheering and had bags of wool for sale and for judging, horses that were pulling carriages and getting washed up and blow dried and having shoe polish put on their hooves to make them shine. It was so much fun to watch and see all of the animals.
Montanna loved it. Adam had fun taking lots of pictures of the horses and carting
Montanna around so she could pet all of the different animals.
We made sure we stayed as clean as possible washing our hands with
Purell as often as we saw a dispenser and
Montanna now loves washing her hands....... all of the time.
Here are some pictures of our adventures.





3 comments:
Looks like a fun day! Looks like Spring in your pictures!
The show looks fun . . . but Montanna looks so dang adorable!!
Looks fun!!!!!!!! Wish we could have gone! Montanna is so cute, as always. Can't wait to see her little sister
Post a Comment