Friday, March 9, 2012
Happy Birthday Eden!
Dear Eden,
I can't believe you are 2 years old already! These past 2 years have just flown by and it makes me want to cry when I think about how big you are getting. You are such an amazing and wonderful addition to our family and you fit in so well. I am so glad that Montanna has such a fun, smart friend as a little sister. This past year, you and Montanna have had so much fun together. I have enjoyed just sitting back and watching how you two love each other. Sometimes, you love each other so much, that you act just like sisters and the noise level in our home goes way up, either with laughing and giggling and singing, or screaming because you both want to play with the same thing at the exact same time. But, you guys always have each others backs.
Eden, your sister, Montanna loves you so much. Just a little while ago you were visiting Grandpa and Gran, and Aunt Britney in Colorado and your Daddy and I were able to go on a date to the Temple. It was such a fun night out for us and you were able to stay home and play with Gran and Britney. Gran made you and Montanna such a yummy dinner, but both of you didn't like it very much. Gran and Britney told Montanna that she had to eat 3 bites of green beans and she would get to have 3 sweet tart candies. Montanna had such a hard time eating those green beans, but she did it and got her reward. You, only had to have 1 bite of potatoes and you just wouldn't do it. Montanna saw how sad you were when you didn't get to have any candy and she looked at the candy she had in her hand and told Gran, "Here, Eden can have my last one." She didn't like to see you so sad and that made you so happy. We all love you so much.
You have started talking and repeating everything you can. You started taking a little later than Montanna, but you have caught up. You try to say almost anything that is said to you, and have become quite that parrot. You love saying prayers, and no matter who is saying the prayer, you repeat everything that is being said so you can say it too. You have started liking Nursery, which makes me so happy. For a while there, you would cry so hard as soon as Sacrament Meeting was over and would cling to me like I was sending you out to get tortured. The Nursery leaders would have to pry your fingers from around my neck and I would have to leave you kicking and screaming in the Nursery. Of course, I would look in 5 minutes later and you were playing and having fun with your friends. The last 3 weeks in a row, you have walked in and waved goodbye to me. You are so excited when we come and pick you up and last week, you said, "Mo Tan Tan!" and gave her a big hug when we opened the door to get you.
You and Montanna both love throwing the ball for Dante (Grandma Phyllis's dog) to catch. The other day Montanna was having you pretend to be a dog and throwing a ball to you and saying "Fetch". Now you think that playing catch is called "Fetch" and you hold a ball and say, "Daddy, you fetch?" or "Mommy, you fetch?" I love those little things and will be sad when you actually learn the real phrases.
You had a doctor's appointment today and you weighed 22.5 lbs and were 33" tall. You are getting so big! You are still a little shy, especially when it comes to Doctors. Montanna walked right up to the Doctor this morning and said, "Eden doesn't need a shot today." She was looking out for you, but you were still so scared you were going to have to get a shot. I'm so glad that you didn't have to have any shot's today, but you didn't realize that until we were getting ready to leave the office. I suddenly felt you relax as we headed out the door.
You are an amazing sleeper. I can count the number of times you have awakened in the middle of the night this past year on one hand. You are such a sound sleeper at night and even when Montanna is screaming in the middle of the night in the bed right next to yours, you stay sleeping, or just wait there quietly while I tuck the blankets around you again. You give Duke a big hug and go right back to sleep.
Your Daddy loves to snuggle with you and read you stories and watch movies with you. One of Daddy's favorite things to do is to get you out of bed on Sunday morning and bring you into bed to snuggle with him and tell stories while I make breakfast. He and Montanna take turns making up stories for each other, and lately, you have started taking a turn telling a story too.
Daddy has spent this last year trying to share his love for animals with you. You have come a long way in a year. When we first moved to Dillon, in April of last year, you were so scared of any animal that moved that you would scream and shake. Slowly, you have started liking animals more and more. You love dogs and cats and you pretend to be a cat all the time. You are still are a little nervous around the bigger animals like horses and sheep, but you don't mind them if someone is holding you.
For your birthday this year, you wanted me to make a Duke cake. This was the only thing you would tell anyone when they asked about your birthday. We had so much fun making that cake and you were so pleased with the results. Your Grandpas and Grandmas all talked to you on your birthday. You love the phone. You also got phone calls from almost all of your aunts and uncles. You have so many people who were thinking about you.
Eden, I want you to know what a blessing you are to me in my life. I learn things from you everyday. You teach me how to be a better mommy and to love unconditionally. I don't think you could even imagine the love I have for you and your sister and that love continues to grow each day. I look forward to watching you become even more amazing this coming year.
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment